Madelyn and I made this delicious banana bread from You Won’t Believe It’s Vegan cookbook by Lacey Sher and Gail Doherty. It is out of this world! Do you have any bananas that are turning? Please try it! Everyone in my family loves it.
2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsps baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup canola oil
3/4 cup raw sugar
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup soy milk
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 large ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup nuts of choice, chopped roughly
*I added raisins and cranberries
Preheat the oven to 350F. Lightly oil a 9 by 3-inch loaf pan and set aside.
1. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
2. In another bowl, mix together the oil, sugar, and salt. Stir in the soy milk, maple syrup, and vanilla. Add the bananas to the mixture and mix well.
3. Add the banana mixture and nuts to the dry ingredients, and mix thoroughly.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick poked into the middle comes out clean.
* I doubled the recipe. It made one big loaf and four small loaves.